Part-Time Business Manager
Mother of Sorrows School, Murrysville
Under the direct supervision of the school principal, responsible for performing accounting and bookkeeping work in conformance with routine procedures, accurately invoicing student tuition and awarding financial aid, and preparing and updating the annual fiscal budget and annual fiscal report.
Requirements and Skills:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft 365, and professional written and oral correspondence.
- Operate the Diocesan automated accounting system, tuition management system and personal computer with sufficient speed and agility to produce error-free reports within timelines.
- Operate office equipment such as telephones, fax machines and copiers.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- BS degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Billing and Collections: Prepare and generate billings/invoices to customers in conformance with established procedures. Accurately posts all payments and transactions related to accounts receivable. Ensure all payments are received in a timely manner. Send required correspondence for past due accounts. Verifying and recording transactions in Diocesan accounting system and tuition management system. Research and respond to customer inquiries. Maintain cash receipts log and deposits. Perform monthly reconciliations.
- Payment Processing: Ensure that all bills are paid in an efficient and timely manner. Verify accuracy of invoices presented for payment. Match receiving documentation and resolves discrepancies. Enter proper account coding, obtain approvals, and generate payment. File and control all backup documentation and transmit payment timely. Generate and transmit tax documents as required. Maintain a log of related bank transactions, contract and service agreements, and updates vendor account files. Research and respond to inquiries from vendors regarding invoices and payments.
- Other Assigned Duties: Provide information and assistance to the public, other Diocesan officials, and staff. Assist in special projects as assigned. Assume responsibility for covering a part of the work assignments of co-workers during short absences as assigned. Prepare and present formal reports and budgets. Assist and provide accurate documentation to auditors when requested. Participate in Diocesan committees and staff functions. Be a team player.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org